For further details regarding OpenStack SDK, click here.
On an Ubuntu 14.04 machine, type: pip install openstacksdk
OpenStackClient: A command-line client for OpenStack
hepiaCloud VMs can be created by using the command-line client for OpenStack: OpenStackClient. To use this command-line client, you have to install OpenStackClient and set up some configuration variables which are provided by the OpenStack portal on your account:
- Access your OpenStack account
- Click on the Access & Security menu
- Click on the API access menu
- Download the OpenStack RC file (OpenStack-rc-file)
- Copy this file to the machine on which you will install openstack API
To install OpenStackClient on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Linux machine, execute these commands:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt install python-pip python-dev
- sudo pip install –upgrade pip
- sudo pip install python-openstackclient==3.12.0 python-swiftclient==3.4.0 python-neutronclient==6.5.0
- source OpenStack-rc-file
You can now execute openstack commands. openstack commands can be listed by typing “openstack help”.
Type “openstack command-name –help” for help on a specific command-name.
Note: Please, do not install OpenStackClient by using the command specified in the documentation: pip install python-openstackclient. This command will install the last version of OpenStackClient, which may no longer be compatible with the OpenStack release.